The Librarians’ Association at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (LAUNC-CH) invites you to participate in this on-campus professional organization. LAUNC-CH was chartered on December 6, 1972 as a non-profit organization whose purpose is:
- to provide for the professional growth and development of its members
- to promote effective library service within the academic community
- foster a spirit of cooperation among members of the library profession.
Membership in LAUNC-CH is open to employees or retirees of the UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries and to faculty and students of the School of Information and Library Science at the following levels:
- Full membership in the Association is open to all staff at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Members will have a vote on Association affairs and will be eligible to serve on both the Executive Board and committees.
- Student membership in the Association is open to all full-time students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Student Members are eligible to serve on committees, but have no vote on Association affairs and cannot serve on the Executive Board. Student members are also eligible to use LAUNC-CH’s free cover letter review service.
- Honorary membership in the Association is open to all former Members retired from the libraries at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Honorary Members will have no vote on Association affairs and will not be eligible to serve on the Executive Board or committees.
Current members may retain their present level of membership by renewing annually. All levels of membership include an advance notice of conferences, meetings, and program events. Memberships are from September to August.
Download current membership form to join by mail.
Retirees are eligible for a free honorary membership.