The Library Association at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (LAUNC-CH) 2020 Conference was held Monday, March 9, 2020 at the FedEx Global Education Center on UNC’s campus in Chapel Hill, N.C.
This year’s theme was Empowering from within: motivating, valuing and leveraging ALL library staff to better serve users.
Conference Presentation Slides
- Keynote: Copy/Cut/Paste – a zine-note by Kelly Wooten
- Other presentation slides and posters are available in our Google Drive account.
|8:30 – 9:00 AM||Registration and Refreshments|
|9:00 – 10:15 AM||Opening Remarks and Keynote Address|
|10:15 – 10:30 AM||Morning Break and Posters|
|10:30 – 11:10 AM||Session 1|
|11:10 – 12:00 PM||Session 2|
|12:00 – 1:15 PM||Lunch and Posters|
|1:15 – 1:55 PM||Session 3|
|2:05 – 2:45 PM||Session 4|
|2:45 – 3:00 PM||Afternoon Break and Posters|
|3:00 – 4:00 PM||Workshops|
By Bus (and Park & Ride lots)
Multiple free bus routes go near the Center:
These routes are available from four Chapel Hill Transit Park & Ride Lots. These lots are $2 per day.
- The Eubanks Road and Southern Village Park & Ride lots are served by the NS Route, which drops off directly in front of the FedEx Global Education Center when coming from the Eubanks Road lot, or half a block to the east of the FedEx Center, at the intersection of Cameron Ave and S. Columbia St., when coming from the Southern Village lot. This is a ~20-25 minute bus ride.
- The Jones Ferry lot is served by the CM Route, which drops off across Pittsboro Rd. from the FedEx Center, in front of the NC State Employees’ Credit Union. This is a ~20 minute bus ride.
- The Carrboro Plaza lot is served by the CW Route, which drops off across Pittsboro Rd. from the FedEx Center, in front of the NC State Employees’ Credit Union. This is a ~25 minute bus ride.
The closest parking garage to the FedEx Global Education Center is the Dogwood Parking Deck, near UNC Hospitals. It’s a half mile, 8-10 minute walk. Parking vouchers to cover the cost of Dogwood parking will be available at the registration desk throughout the day of the conference.
In an effort to increase the diversity and inclusiveness of the North Carolina library community and to promote participation of all peoples at the 2020 LAUNC-CH Conference, LAUNC-CH is pleased to offer two diversity scholarships. Scholarship recipients will receive free conference registration as well as networking and mentoring opportunities with UNC-Chapel Hill University Libraries’ Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) Council. This opportunity is available to undergraduate students, graduate students, and library staff.
Applications for the Diversity Scholarship are now closed. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Thank you to our Sponsors!
UNC Center for European Studies
LAUNC-CH is very excited to host its conference in a new space! This year’s venue, the Global FedEx Building, was provided by the Center for European Studies (CES). We would like to thank CES for sponsoring our event.
SILS Alumni Association
WT Cox Information Services
Duke University Press